- ISBN 9780500516072
- 34.00 x 21.50 cm
- Quarter bound/PLC (no jacket)
- 237 Illustrations, 237 in colour
- First published 2012
‘Lavishly illustrated, but also a good read thanks to the inclusion of juicy facts, quotes and anecdotes that put wallpaper into the wider context of art and literature … a worthy addition to any interior enthusiast’s library’ – The World of Interiors
Wallpaper is currently experiencing a creative boom. Designers everywhere are rediscovering its versatility and using it to achieve new imaginative effects.
Packed with more than 300 illustrations, this lavish book explores the art of wallpaper from its historical beginnings to the present day and offers a wealth of design inspiration for any home.
Beginning with the handcrafted papiers peints of the 18th century, through the Arts and Crafts movement, modernism and Pop Art, it traces the influences behind today’s popular motifs and showcases a dazzling selection of the very best in contemporary wallpaper from all over the world.
• A Brief History of Wallpaper: The Chinese Influence; Early Days; Eighteenth-century Elegance; Nineteenth-century Novelties; The Modern Age Arrives; Motifs for the Masses
• Walls with a View: Panoramic Papers; Wallpaper Murals
• A Private Paradise: Arts and Crafts; Form and Function; Setting a Style
• The Art of Interiors: Encounters on Canvas; Off the Wall
• Colour and Motif: Illusions and Grandeur; Timeless Trends; Colour Codes
• International Style: A Wallpaper World Tour; Eastern Inspirations
• The New Wave: Classics with a Twist; A Baroque Revival; Big and Bold; Playtime; Retro Style; The Digital Age; Artistic Expression; Women’s Work
• Haute Couture: Living Tradition; A Taste of Nostalgia; Personal Touches; Cabinets of Curiosities; The Future’s Bright