My Fashion Lookbook
Design Your Own Collection
- ISBN 9780500650035
- 29.50 x 21.50 cm
- PLC (no jacket)
- Illustrated throughout
- First published 2012
A hands-on, write-in, look-and-feel sketchbook for cool and fashion-crazy kids
To celebrate the launch of My Fashion Lookbook, Thames & Hudson and The Fashion and Textile Museum have teamed up to bring you a competition that will test your sense of style and creativity to the utmost. Click here to get your entry form!
Follow the process of a real fashion designer to create your own fashion collection:
– finding inspiration, making a mood board, collecting and gathering research, choosing colours and a defining silhouette, experimenting with fabrics, print and pattern, building a capsule selection of garments into a collection, and then creating a ‘lookbook’ to show off the new range.
There are even spreads about preparing for the runway show, including hair and make-up!
Finally, there’s the high-street launch to consider. The book is aimed at children aged eight and over – older children and younger teens should also find plenty to keep them inspired.
• The first book of its kind!
• Structured in an authentic fashion sketchbook way, helping children to create their own unique collections
• Fresh, spontaneous illustrations, full of character, with the look and feel of the glossy magazines
• Just like a real sketchbook: it has an elastic closure, and the front cover is cut so you can sign the title page beneath to make your own fashion-label logo. There is even a wallet at the back for scrapbook cuttings
• How to use this book • What are your favourite things? • Inspired! Look for ideas everywhere! • What’s your big idea? Pick your theme! • Muse: Who are you designing for? • History mash-up Mix up the past and present! • Your colours: what colours will you choose? • Shape-up! What shape will your outfits be? • My silhouettes: what’s the silliest silhouette you can make? • Make it real! Experiment with a bed sheet! • Fabrics and texture: Feel it! Print it! Weave it • Prints and patterns: Make patterns by repeating a shape • Trim, trim, trim! Add decorations to your designs • Jackets and shirts: Ready to start designing • Tops and dresses: Play with the shape of your silhouette • Skirts and trousers: Experiment! Repeat your silhouette! • Accessorize! Design your shoes and bags • Shake it up! It’s time to bring everything together! • Your lookbook: Show off your designs! • Hair and make-up: Complete your look! • Lights! Camera! Runway!: Plan your fashion show! • High-street launch: Design your window display! • Go dazzle! Prepare for next season
Jacky Bahbout is an experienced writer who is also studying for a
Foundation in Art and Design at Central Saint Martins, London. Cynthia Merhej is studying illustration at Central Saint Martins.
Also of interest
Fashion Illustration School:
A Complete Handbook for Aspiring Designers and Illustrators
Fashion Design Course: Principles, Practice and Techniques:
The Ultimate Guide for Aspiring Fashion Designers
The Complete Fashion Sourcebook:
2,000 Illustrations Charting 20th-Century Fashion