Fashion Design Course: Accessories
Design Practice and Processes for Creating Hats, Bags, Shoes and More
- ISBN 9780500290347
- 22.20 x 22.20 cm
- With over 450 colour illustrations
- First published 2012
A detailed introduction to the growing market sector of accessory and footwear design – essential reading for fashion design students
• A comprehensive overview of the design process for fashion accessories, examining in detail the creative and technical processes
• Guides students through the fundamental principles of research, design and development, and explains the core techniques, specialist terminology and tools of the trade
• A section on general fashion design principles and processes is followed with chapters dedicated to particular subjects – handbags, footwear, hats and small leather goods
• Includes a helpful information section on courses, careers and trade fairs
Jane Schaffer was the accessories Subject Leader for Cordwainers at the London College of Fashion for sixteen years. She now works as a visiting lecturer at Northampton Univrsity, De Montfort University and the Royal College of Art.
Sue Saunders is the footwear Subject Leader and BA Course Director for Cordwainers at the London College of Fashion.