- ISBN 9780500515617
- 21.50 x 19.70 cm
- PLC (no jacket)
- 386 Illustrations, 340 in colour
- First published 2011
‘Will delight anyone interested in cutting-edge design and green living … an inspiration for those thinking seriously about building their own’ – The Sunday Times
‘A useful research companion for anybody looking to build green, as much as a lovely selection of great new houses all over the globe’ – Wallpaper*
‘A sumptuous piece of work that puts some style into sustainability … Whether you’re thinking about a new-build, an extension or reinvention, there is a section that will address your queries. A great read’ – Select Interiors
How can we achieve harmony between stylish homes and nature?
For anyone thinking of designing, building, remodelling or furnishing a modern home, this book provides practical inspiration for living stylishly, sensibly and sustainably.
Successful projects from many parts of the globe are specially photographed here, providing the inspiration to build and live in a balanced, natural, sustainable way whether in the city, suburbs or country,
• Design and Build: where and how to create a modern natural home
• Let There Be Light: manipulating the elements to improve lifestyle
• The Material World: using natural products
• Indoor/Outdoor Living: ideas for encouraging symbiotic relationships with the landscape
• Sustainable Footprints: how to reduce domestic energy use naturally
• Case studies and plans, a directory of architects, and a listing of featured houses, materials and useful products.
Dominic Bradbury is the author of many books on design and architecture, including Mediterranean Modern and The Iconic House.
Richard Powers is an architectural photographer whose previous books include Tropical Minimal, also published by Thames & Hudson.
See an interview with Dominic Bradbury