Picasso and the Great Painters
- ISBN 9780500288078
- 31.00 x 23.90 cm
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- First published 2009
‘The brilliance of this book lies in the way it will educate children without them even knowing it’ – Artists & Illustrators Magazine
This delightful new book for children is a colourful trip through the history of painting with Picasso as guide. It reproduces some of Picasso’s most famous works alongside the paintings that inspired them, from Velazquez’s Las Meninas to Manet’s Déjeuner sur l’Herbe, exploring how he re-created them in his own style.
Includes an activity section in which children can use their own pencils and brushes to distort, reshape and paint.
• A beautifully produced art and activity book
• A perfect gift for children
• Activities encourages children to put into action what the book has shown them – from creating their own collages to painting their own still life
• Publication coincides with the exhibition 'Picasso Challenging the Past' at the National Gallery
Mila Boutan is the author of many books and activity packs for children, on Cézanne, Degas, Gauguin, Renoir, Van Gogh, Rousseau and others.