How to Fly Spacecraft Step by Step
- ISBN 9780500650141
- 22.50 x 24.00 cm
- Flexibound PLC (no jacket)
- Illustrated in colour and black and white throughout
- First published 2013
Space Academy is an astronaut training course that shows children how to pilot different kinds of space craft
‘Fast facts with fascinating tips and trivia … clear diagrams and artwork’ – Spaceflight
‘A novel and effective way to teach the science and investigation of the universe … contains a wealth of well-presented information’ – School Librarian
Three types of spread encourage children to imagine their journey into space:
• Astronaut School looks at the science and technology of space and space travel
• In Orbit is based in space, teaching the child step by step how to pilot different types of space craft in various launches and touch downs
• ID section explains how to identify different kinds of spacecraft
Feature boxes include a checklist of things to remember, fast facts with fascinating tips and trivia, plus step-by-step sequences detailing how to make specific manoeuvres. There are photographs of spacecraft in action throughout.
The science of space is explained through clear diagrams and artwork. At the back of the book, there’s an ID section that gives the stats and facts about different spacecraft, including rockets, shuttles, satellites and surface rovers.