The Ceramics Design Course
Principles | Practices | Techniques
- ISBN 9780500286890
- 22.20 x 22.00 cm
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- First published 2007
• Here is a complete course in designing ceramics with confidence. Focusing on design principles, it also includes practical instruction in studio techniques for making your ideas
• Step-by-step tutorials explain each stage of the process – from working out a brief and seeking inspiration to drawing up structural plans and developing the design.
• Real-life case studies and hands-on assignments allow you to explore both practical and aesthetic considerations, and you will find trouble-shooting tips and advice on professional practice.
• Whether you want to create utilitarian, hard-wearing pots or decorative pieces of fine art, this unique book provides the inspiration and the skills to design ceramics with flair.
Anthony Quinn is a senior Lecturer on the BA Hons Ceramic Design course at Central Saint Martins College in London, and tutor in charge of 3D design processes. He is also a visiting tutor on the MA Course in Ceramics and Glass at the Royal College of Art, London.