The Complete Zaha Hadid
- ISBN 9780500342893
- 24.00 x 21.60 cm
- PLC (no jacket)
- Illustrated in colour and black and white throughout with plans and drawings
- First published 2013
‘A fascinating insight into the practice of a woman who allows for her creations to transcend the realm of the blueprint’ – Aesthetica
Zaha Hadid is one of the most innovative and celebrated architects today.
Born in Iraq, raised in London and recipient of the coveted Pritzker Architecture Prize (and twice winner of the UK’s Stirling Prize), Hadid has over the past thirty-five years transformed our experience of space and architecture.
This comprehensive volume of over two hundred projects – from the earliest experimentations to product design, from follies to large-scale built works, including the recently completed London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Guangzhou Opera House in China and Eli & Edythe Broad Art Museum in Michigan – is a testament to the depth, range and excitement of her vision.
• This compact and comprehensive third edition has been thoroughly expanded and brought up to date with the latest completed buildings and new projects, including the Evelyn Grace Academy, in London, winner of the 2011 Stirling Prize.
• Prepared in collaboration with the architect’s office, the book contains a
dazzling array of imagery, including large-scale paintings, sculpture-like models, multi-perspective drawings and dynamic computer renderings.
• The works are organized in chronological order over Hadid’s career, revealing her earliest inspirations. Included are the latest high-profile projects, such as the Riverside Museum in Glasgow, the Library and Learning Centre for the University of Economics in Vienna, and the Grand Théâtre de Rabat in Morocco.
• An introduction by critic and museum director Aaron Betsky examines Hadid’s entire career, both in the context of architectural history and as a manifestation of the current and future state of architecture.
Aaron Betsky is former Director of the Netherlands Architecture Institute and current Director of the Cincinnati Museum of Art in Ohio. He has written numerous books on architecture and design, and was the Director of the 2008 Venice Architecture Biennale.