The Garden Source
Inspirational Design Ideas for Gardens and Landscapes
- ISBN 9780955432279
- 24.80 x 24.80 cm
- Flexibound PLC (no jacket)
- Illustrated in colour throughout
- First published 2011
- Distributed on behalf of 8 Books
This is a must-have sourcebook for anyone with a garden looking for design ideas
Hundreds of colour illustrations by leading photographer, Andrea Jones, are cleverly arranged to offer the reader thousands of possible design solutions.
Gardens from all parts of the world are included – America, France, Sweden, Germany, Holland, England – by some of the very best garden designers. And alongside little-known examples of private gardens are celebrated public spaces such as Parc André Citroën and Jardin Atlantique as well as show gardens – Chelsea Flower Show, International Garden Festival, Hampton Court, Chaumont.
• The first part looks at garden details listing design features that act either as connecting or dividing elements
• Connect includes some of the more basic features, such as lawns, decking and gravel gardens, before covering paths, steps, avenues, gates, bridges and much more besides
• Divide then looks at elements that can be used to create “rooms’ within gardens, such as hedges, walls, fences, screens, trees, and different types of beds and borders
• The third chapter looks at different types of Space – urban and rural, large and small, high and low
• The final chapter covers every type of garden Style that is possible, including minimal, prairie, geometric, dry, landscaped, gravel, water, exotic, contemporary, modern, minimal, oriental and night
With a series of useful directories on designers, garden centres and public gardens, The Garden Source is destined to become THE book for modern garden design ideas.