The Story of Costume
- ISBN 9780500513095
- 20.00 x 27.00 cm
- PLC (with jacket)
- 328 Illustrations, 328 in colour
- First published 2006
‘Beautifully illustrated … sure to delight and inspire any child aged eight and above who has an interest in fashion or history’ – Education Today
This beautifully illustrated, full-colour history of costume has been produced by bestselling author John Peacock especially for children.
With over 325 hand-drawings and clearly written descriptions on every page, it will delight children and be a wonderful resource for parents, teachers and librarians.
• every historical period from Ancient Greek and Byzantine times, through the Middle Ages and Renaissance, right down the centuries to the present day
• from servants and labourers to nobility and royalty
• from the tunics of Ancient Egypt and the togas of Ancient Rome to the royal finery of sixteenth-century England, the French revolution and beyond
• every aspect of fashion, including shoes, hats, bags and other accessories, as well as jewelry and hairstyles
The pictures in this book may be licensed for re-use.
Please email: email@example.com
John Peacock was senior costume designer for BBC Television for many years. He is the author of numerous books, and has also worked as a fashion designer and as a lecturer in fashion history.