- ISBN 9780500518434
- 22.50 x 17.00 cm
- Quarter bound/PLC (no jacket)
- Illustrated in colour and black and white throughout
- First published 2016
- See more books in theA Craft Studio Book Series
Introducing Craft Studio, an up-to-the-minute craft series in tune with current trends
Each book features:
• 20 DIY projects, from the introductory to the more advanced.
• Practical tips and hints for making original designs without breaking the bank – or one’s spirit.
• Easy-to-follow instructions and sleek colour photography.
‘Wonderful ways to personalise a plain tote bag as well as how to make your own … your textile projects will be transformed!’ – Craft Stamper
Tote bags were initially mainly used by brands to advertise themselves and promote sustainability (as an alternative to plastic bags). Nowadays, however, tote bags can be seen everywhere, out on the street, in a range of different styles, and can be adapted to any situation.
This book gives you an easy pattern for making a basic tote bag, as well as, above all, twenty ideas for personalizing it to your taste and requirements. If you do not fancy the sewing part, it is very easy to buy your own plain tote bags. Then all you have to do is add your own personal touch! You can use different techniques to make the bag (or bags!) that suit your fancy: embroidery, painting, dyeing, transfers, boutis (French quilting), stamping, etc.
Although each project has been assigned a particular level of difficulty, all are well within reach of even the most absolute beginner.