Vintage Fashion Complete
- ISBN 9780500517611
- 30.80 x 24.00 cm
- Hardback without Jacket
- With over 1,300 illustrations
- First published 2014
The most comprehensive guide to vintage fashion ever published!
Unlimited inspiration for fashion designers, stylists, collectors and style-setters everywhere
‘The most comprehensive and ambitious guide to vintage fashion ever produced’ – Vintage Explorer Magazine
‘… opens a window on how good ideas skip the years to fertilise a future designer’s imagination’– The Guardian
‘Brilliant … beautiful … a real definitive guide to style throughout the 20th century and an incredible reference for anybody interested in vintage fashion and design’– NorthLondonVintageMarket.blogspot.co.uk
‘Indispensable as a reference book for the vintage fashion enthusiast, 'Vintage Fashion Complete' truly is a “Fashion Bible” ’– Inretrospect Magazine
• Explores every aspect of a woman’s vintage wardrobe in over 1,000 stand-out examples, from dresses and skirts to hats, shoes and bags, drawn from fashions from the 1920s to the 1980s.
• Not just another history of fashion, this is a survey of how fashion past continues to inspire fashion present – as seen on the street, on the catwalk, and on devotees such as Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.
• Designs by world-famous names feature alongside lesser-known brands beloved of collectors, such as Lilli Ann and Horrockses Fashions.
• Unique handmade pieces as well as icons of vintage fashion, from Marilyn Monroe’s bra to the Ossie Clark dress that famously features in David Hockney’s painting.
• Includes invaluable practical tips on how to build a collection, and how to date, clean and care for vintage clothing.
Nicky Albrechtsen is a costume designer and the proprietor of the vintage resource studio Vintage Labels, which sources inspirational clothing for fashion, textile and costume designers. She is the author of The Printed Square; Scarves (with Fola Solanke); and Fashion Spectacles, Spectacular Fashion (with Simon Murray), all published by Thames & Hudson.