The New Collectible Art Photography
- ISBN 9780500516850
- 33.50 x 24.50 cm
- 423 Illustrations, 423 in colour
- First published 2013
Pushing boundaries and defying conventions, Eyemazing magazine has been at the vanguard of art photography journals for the last decade.
• Under the singular vision of its founder, Susan Zadeh, known and much loved as ‘Eyemazing Susan’, the magazine has become an expression of her sheer dedication to championing the very best, most collectible and daringly original art photography today
• Highly influential and deservedly garlanded, including a Lucie award for best photography magazine, Eyemazing has become a source of inspiration and information for photographers, curators and gallerists as well as collectors with a passion for novel, exciting and challenging imagery
• This special, collectible book is a gallery on paper. Under Susan’s cool, intelligent yet restrained curation, it brings together work that has appeared in Eyemazing magazine over the last ten years in two flowing streams ofimagery: ‘Dreams and Memories of a Past Life’ and ‘Our Body, Our Cage, Our Soul’
• Extraordinary images by over 150 photographers are reproduced to the highest standard, including works by such globally renowned and revered figures as Michael Ackerman, Bettina Rheims, Sally Mann and Roger Ballen, and by young, emerging talents, championed by Susan, whose first international exposure has been in the magazine
• Sensual and beautiful yet often shocking, dark and surreal, the photographs in this important new publication are startling and always memorable. In essence, they set out the breathtaking possibilities of contemporary art photography
• Produced to a scale to immerse the reader, and featuring supporting essays and profiles of the photographers, Eyemazing will, like the magazine, be a collectible object of desire for artists, curators, gallerists and photography
Eyemazing Susan is the nom de plume of Susan Zadeh. Based in Amsterdam, she founded Eyemazing magazine in 2003. She also works internationally as an independent curator, adviser and awards panelist, specializing in photography.