Hip Hop Raised Me® Pre-Order Promotion
Hip Hop Raised Me® is the definitive volume on the essence, experience and energy that is hip hop, and its massive and enduring impact over the last 40 years. It’s packed with contact sheets, outtakes and glory shots of artists, collectives and fans off-guard and in action from iconic photographers. With an all-star cast of hip-hop artists from the 1990s to today, conducted at key moments in their careers and including Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Drake, Nicki Minaj, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and the Wu-Tang Clan. Semtex traces the characteristics and influence of hip hop from its origins in the early 1970s with DJ Kool Herc’s block parties in the South Bronx, through its breakthrough to the mainstream and advent of gangsta rap in the late 1980s, with artists such as Run DMC, Public Enemy and Ice T, to the impact of contemporary artists and the global industry that is hip hop today. Hip-hop artists have gone from hustlers to successful entrepreneurs and businessmen. Hip hop has come of age. Foreword by Chuck D.
Pre-order the book from any retailer and we’ll send you a FREE HIP HOP RAISED ME t-shirt, designed by the amazing Ted’s Draws
Simply email your proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and address by Thursday 06 October.
Hip Hop Raised Me Pre-Order Offer
Terms & Conditions
1. This offer is open to all United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 and over. Parents/guardians must submit the entry for those under the age of 18.
2. To be eligible, entries must be received between 1 September and midnight 6 October 2016 (‘the Closing Date’). No entry received after this time will be considered.
3. To be eligible for the offer, each entrant must, between 6 October 2016 and the Closing Date submit proof of pre-order of the book, Hip Hop Raised Me either in writing addressed to “Marketing Department at Thames & Hudson Ltd, 181A High Holborn, London WC1V 7Q” or by email to email@example.com with the subject heading, ‘Hip Hop Raised Me’. Examples of acceptable proof of pre-order include: a photo of the receipt, an email confirmation of pre-order, or a screenshot of the email confirmation of pre-order. Entrants should include a full mailing address for where to send the prize. Only entries submitted in this way will be eligible.
4. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries, incomplete, illegible, mis-directed or late entries will not be accepted. Thames & Hudson takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise. Entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
Offer and Fulfilment
5. Each entrant will be eligible to receive 1 (one) size large t-shirt per book that is purchased (‘the Prize’). No alternative sizes are available.
6. No cash alternatives are available. Pre-order items are non-refundable and non-transferable.
7. All entrants will receive the Prize while stocks last. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified.
8. Thames & Hudson reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute an alternative to the Prize of equal or greater value should it deem this to be necessary.
9. All entrants will receive an email from Thames & Hudson when their t-shirts are dispatched.
10. T-shirts will be posted to entrants within one week of the book’s publication on 6 October 2016 by First Class post. Thames & Hudson takes no responsibility for lost or damaged Prizes.
11. Thames & Hudson reserves the right to terminate or withdraw this offer at any time.
12. Thames & Hudson’s decision on all matters is final. No correspondence will be entered into other than that stated in clause 8 above. Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
13. Thames & Hudson may amend these terms and conditions without notice, by posting changes to them on this website.
14. Employees and freelancers working for Thames & Hudson and their families are not eligible for this offer.
Sign up to our newsletter for regular news of special offers