Click the cover to see our
Autumn Catalogue 2016
Click the cover to see our
Autumn 2016 Children's Catalogue
Head of Operations
This is a unique opportunity to work for a world-renowned illustrated book publisher with a global reach in a wide-ranging business support role.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will take the lead in, and provide general support to a range of business activities, including managing the relationship with our distributor, advising on property and facility-related matters, Health & Safety, insurance and risk management. The role will also require working closely with our Sales and HR departments.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious individual who wishes to develop a range of skills and is yet to reach his or her full potential – and who has a real desire to be a key support to the business. The successful candidate would potentially have relevant or transferable experience in book publishing or book distribution and should have the following experience/capabilities:
• The ability to develop, co-ordinate and manage projects, meeting deadlines and targets, and to monitor and communicate outcomes including budgetary responsibility.
• Dealing with property issues, including an understanding of leases and maintenance-related matters.
• Risk and Health & Safety management with good practical knowledge/implementation to maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
• Business or customer liaison, service or account management or an equivalent customer/supplier focussed role, in particular in the field of book distribution.
Personal attributes required:
• Personable, persuasive and positive, with the ability to tactfully use initiative and take a proactive approach to getting things done.
• Confidence and ability to work flexibly in a team, both with representatives from all levels within the business and partners from outside the company.
• Strong organisational skills, with a natural ability to prioritise a variety of tasks, methodical in approach and possessing a keen eye for detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to multitask without losing focus or energy, to set demanding but achievable objectives for oneself and others whilst taking personal responsibility for making things happen.
• Able to develop, nurture and manage supply chain relationships including consultants.
• Good IT skills; confident on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook etc.)
• Possessing a good degree level qualification or equivalent. Experience of or exposure to Six Sigma or similar work methodologies would be an advantage.
This is an exciting chance to work on a wide variety of stimulating projects in a highly creative environment close to Covent Garden. To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Amy Carsen, Head of HR:
A rare opportunity has arisen for a bright and enthusiastic Arts graduate, to join Thames & Hudson to work on our prestigious Art list within the busy editorial department.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable interest in visual arts and culture. You will have accurate touch typing skills (40wpm) and an excellent understanding of English grammar.
You will be highly organized, methodical and hardworking, and have strong computer skills, preferably with a knowledge of Macs and Adobe InDesign. Some previous experience of illustrated book publishing is advantageous, and equally important is your willingness to work accurately under pressure, whilst showing initiative across a broad range of tasks.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter (which should include your current salary) to:
Amy Carsen, Head of HR: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 17 June 2016
Data and Sales Administrator
Thames & Hudson is looking for an experienced data administrator who is passionate about all aspects of data, metadata, data collection and manipulation and above all, accuracy. The successful candidate will be extremely well-organised, proactive and numerate, with a proven eye for detail and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate title records for all Thames & Hudson titles as well as those for our Distributed Publisher lists.
In addition to working closely with our Editorial and Finance teams, the role will be the key point of contact with external Bibliographic services (Nielsen Bookdata/ BDS/ Bowker/ Amazon), our distributor Littlehampton Book Services (LBS) and our Sales and Marketing departments, and will include liaising with LBS on bibliographic data and price changes. Other duties include maintaining our Master Publication schedule, Seasonal Listing and coordinating weekly dues releases.
Candidates must display a meticulous and committed approach to the accuracy of data, on-going data management and attention to detail, as well as excellent numerical skills. Strong organisational and communication skills are also essential, together with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner. Self-motivated and the ability to work independently are also important requirements. This position is unlikely to be suitable for candidates with less than two years relevant data management, publishing or book trade experience.
The successful candidate will also have excellent knowledge of the day-to-day operation of publishing information systems, including database and stock management systems, and be skilled in the use of Business Objects, Microsoft Excel and Access.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter, including salary expectations to
Amy Carsen, Head of HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post Room Assistant
Thames & Hudson is looking for a Post Room Assistant to join its busy Operations team. The hours of work are 8am to 5pm Monday Friday, with an immediate start.The ideal candidate will be flexible and helpful, punctual and reliable, and a team player.
· Sorting mail, packing parcels and franking mail.
· Assuming full mailroom responsibilities at the end of the day
· Answering the door promptly for staff and couriers and receiving in‑coming deliveries at all times during the day and distributing them internally.
· Ensuring outgoing parcels are sent out with the correct couriers.
· External messenger work outside the office, either on foot or by car.
· Assist in the upkeep and tidiness of the building, ensuring that the front areas, basements, corridors and communal areas are kept clean and free of rubbish.
· Moving furniture and equipment around the office.
· and any other Ad hoc duties which may include helping departments with filing and photocopying
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to