Click the cover to see our
Spring 2017 Catalogue
Click the cover to see our Spring 2017 Children's Catalogue
Thames & Hudson, the leading global publisher of illustrated books on the visual arts, history and popular culture, has an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Publicity department.
The experienced Publicity Executive will have relevant experience, and will work primarily on our exciting range of Visual Arts, Popular Culture and History titles. The ideal candidate will have experience of book publicity, preferably with a track record of working on serious non-fiction titles. They will have experience in working with social media, including facebook, twitter and Instagram.
This is an exciting and varied role with responsibility for:
• Increasing media coverage for the Thames & Hudson list
• developing, implementing and managing creative and innovative publicity campaigns across print, broadcast and online media
• Planning and organising book tours and author events
• Circulating reviews, plans and materials to the sales force
• Contributing to Thames & Hudson’s social media content with publicity updates
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Alice Craddock, HR Officer
Head of HR (9 months maternity cover)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR Manager to join Thames & Hudson, the internationally acclaimed illustrated book publisher, based at our London offices in High Holborn. The position reports to the CEO and will head up the HR function with the support of a part time HR Officer and Payroll & Pensions Officer.
The duration of the contract is for 9 months covering a period of maternity leave, starting at the beginning of April 2017 and finishing in January 2018. You will work with the business contributing to the achievement of the overall Company strategy providing professional and commercial generalist, operational and strategic HR advice on company policy, best practice and compliance with employment law. You must ensure the human resourcing function is proactive and responsive to the business needs.
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Educated to degree level and preferably CIPD qualified
• A strong working knowledge of UK employment law and HR practices is essential
• Experience in dealing with, and advising line managers on Employee Relations issues
• Experience in Performance Management
• Strong influencing and relationship building skills with the ability to work with a variety of people at different levels
• Experience in recruiting at all levels
• Experience in developing and managing internal training initiatives at all levels
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication and analytical skills
• A good working knowledge of Word and Excel
• A flexible approach to work with the ability to handle a large and varied workload
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to
Amy Carsen, Head of HR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Planning and Analysis Manager
The main purpose of the role is to oversee the preparation of the management accounts and to produce analysis and reports to enable the Directors to make informed decisions about the Business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take responsibility for overseeing the preparation of the management accounts for Thames & Hudson Ltd and subsidiaries
• Work with the subsidiary accountants to ensure accurate and timely accounting information is received, ensuring a full understanding of the P&L and variances
• Understand and comment on variances to budget, forecast and prior year
• Support senior department managers in reviewing financial performance
• Leading the financial budget and forecasting process
• Managing the Assistant Management Accountant in developing that role to supply timely information to the business.
• Title profitability analysis and financial analysis to support the senior management team in decision making.
• Assist the Financial Controller with the year-end supporting working papers and additional analysis for the audit file and tax computations
• Continually improve working practices and reports for the Business to support their changing needs
• Key team member in finance IT system upgrade
• Ad hoc requests and analysis from Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer and Business Directors
• Level of accuracy of the accounts and timeliness and reliability of financial reporting
• Performance in developing new finance IT reports which help the running of the business
• Level of role played in implementation of new finance system
• Feedback from the Financial Controller, Chief Financial Officer and other business Directors
Skills & Experience:
• CIMA/ACA qualified accountant, ideally with Publishing experience
• Strong technical accounting skills
• Strong finance systems knowledge, including system implementation – specifically, knowledge of Sage K3 and Qlikview report-writing skills are essential.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel especially using Vlookup, pivot tables etc.
• Experience of Business Objects preferable but not essential
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to quickly learn how the business works and then use that knowledge to sense-check numbers produced in the accounts
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Exercise discretion with access to sensitive information
• Experience of giving direction and instruction to account assistants
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• A team player who understands the bigger picture and impact of decisions
• Self motivator
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels
• Commercial acumen, and ability to explain financials to non-financial people
• Ability to work effectively with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation
To apply please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Thames & Hudson is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Executive to support the production of trade marketing campaigns and materials as well as the implementation of online consumer campaigns. This is a key role in the Communications Department, which involves increasing the awareness of Thames & Hudson to a trade audience as well as its online footprint through a combination of content and email marketing, SEO, paid media and analytics.
The Marketing Executive, who will report to the Head of Marketing, will be responsible for:
• Creating targeted presentation materials for the Sales team within agreed deadlines and managing key trade events
• Working with our in-house designer on print and online design
• Growing our influence within the various industries and communities our books are aimed at (Art, Architecture, Design, Photography, Fashion) through the project management and promotion of partnerships, bespoke events and industry fairs
• Planning, developing and managing the marketing activity for frontlist titles across social media, email, display and search
• Working collaboratively with marketing colleagues to develop Thames & Hudson’s online presence – gaining insight into Thames & Hudson’s audiences and turning that insight into content calendars, which you’ll co-manage day-to-day
• Assessing audience, channels and tactics, and reporting on campaign performance
• Proactively developing knowledge of key competitors, their products, and sales and marketing activity
• At least two years’ marketing experience
• A track record in a publishing or arts environment
• A full understanding of the marketing mix from campaign planning to implementation and evaluation
• Experience of sourcing, creating, editing and publishing content on a regular basis
• A good knowledge of social media, SEO and PPC campaigns
• Good writing skills
• An eye for detail and design, with excellent organisation and project management skills
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, InDesign and Photoshop
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to Alice Craddock, HR Officer:
Work experience in Thames & Hudson’s Picture Research Department
We have a temporary work experience placement to assist our Picture Research department over the coming months.
Office hours are 9.15am - 5.30pm and while full time help would be preferred, alternative work patterns will be considered.
An interest in Picture Research and an understanding of either Art History or Ancient History would be an advantage, but most important is a keen eye for detail and a willingness to perform a variety of routine tasks thoroughly. The work will include filing photos, entering and checking data in Excel spreadsheets and organizing photos and high res files.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to
Amy Carsen: firstname.lastname@example.org